Thursday, October 19, 2006

TV On the Radio Show


ConcertFlower 054.jpg
Originally uploaded by subatomicfilms.

As some of you may know, I just don't have the time to be on top of the music scene these days. I check out Pitchfork once in a while to check out what's going on, but I don't listen to much of anything new, or go to shows that much anymore.

With that being said, I did go to a show last night. I got to see the toast of the NYC Indie scene this year: TV On the Radio. My loyal readers know that I love their new album, so it was exciting to see 'em live.

What they performed, was a very tight performance with a much more guitar-driven rendition of the album. Somehow it works though. A great show, played with enthusiasm and confidence.

It's a beautiful thing to see a group of people on top of their game. Perhaps at the apex of their creativity, knowing that they know it, and they know that you know too.

No comments: