Friday, October 06, 2006

The Process

Last night I workshopped the latest version of my script, and surprisingly in went over quite well. A lot of people reacted well to the changes that I've made, and responded to the subtle humour in it, which I was kind of worried about. There are still a few things that I need to play with and fix, and the comments of my classmates and prof are always amazing.

It went over so well that I feel good about this whole thing. I was reading it, and I couldn't help but think 'Wow, I am going to make this movie in a couple of weeks'. It's no longer a theoretical exercise, it's going to be shot, it's going to be up on a big screen, and people are going to watch it.

So, I feel a bit lucky these days. I mean, everyone has ideas for movies, but not many get made. So here we go.

We begin auditions for actors this weekend. That's always full of pain and suffering, as most are pretty bad. However, once in a while, someone comes along with such presence. The goal is to find those people.

No comments: