Sunday, October 01, 2006

Helen Hunt: Writer, Director, Star


Helen Hunt
Originally uploaded by subatomicfilms.

I walked out of my apartment yesterday, to go to the Post Office, and literally, out front my door was Helen Hunt and Matthew Broderick shooting a 'walk & talk'.

I did a quick double take, and tried to be all cool and pretend that Ferris Buehler was not in front of me.

They shot for most of the day on my street Then She Found Me, and Ms. Hunt is writing, Directing and acting in this one. My producing prof got wind that they are shooting like 4+ pages of script a day, which is incredible since most features shoot about 2.5/day.

At any rate, it was really cool to see such a big production and all the gear that goes with it.

I also ran into a dude that I worked on that shoot in Boston with. He was the Best Boy on this set, so he's movin' on up.



For all of the productions going on in NYC, it looks like there's a small pool of specialized people to go around.

No comments: