Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Perserverance

I recently heard the story of a friend from high school. As long as I can remember, she always wanted to be a dentist. That is a completely questionable desire, but hey who am I?

Anyways, a clever girl she busted her ass through high-school and did quite well. Went off to a good university, applied to dental schools and got rejected. Kept on working, but never lost sight of dental school. Rejected over and over and over. I think it's been at least 5 years.

Anyhoo, apparently she finally got in this year and starts in September. I probably would have given up long ago, but I'm glad to know that there are still a few people that still believe in themselves, are willing to put in the work and suffer a bit to achieve their goals.

Here's to them and hopefully you.

No comments: