Monday, August 28, 2006

Boot Camp

Classes formally start next week, but this week we started on our "Writing Boot Camp". Basically, it's a chance to workshop our 10-minute scripts for faculty and class mates in a constructive setting. The idea is to get our screenplays very strong so that when classes start, we just focus on producing, casting etc...

I was dreading it because, quite frankly, I think my story sucks. Everyone shared their ideas, and we read a few completed scripts. Some of them are pretty good.

After class I met up with the prof, and we discussed my idea more in depth. I pretty much knew the weaknesses in it, and we found some solutions to the problems. I came out of the meeting with a stronger story, and a direction in which to take it. So, I feel somewhat at ease of my idea, because I feel that it is filmable.

Either way, today is the beginning of a massive undertaking. Stay-tuned.

No comments: