Monday, May 07, 2007

Spencer Tunick is at it Again

Brooklyn reppin' photographer Spencer Tunick is back with his large concept nudes again. This time in Mexico City. About 18*10^3 people showed up to take their clothes off for art's sake this past weekend.

I don't know, I'm a bit bored by him and his work now. I mean, I can't deny the immense audacity and beauty of some of them, but it just seems old-hat.

What I find interesting is not the photographer, but the thousands of people that are willing to do this (full disclosure, I signed up to be a model years ago).

Perhaps it was the documentary Naked States that really turned me off of him. He just seems too pompous, arrogant, and not willing to take a stand. Probably not fair to someone to judge them off of a documentary, but I will in this case. If you haven't seen his work, it's worth a glance over here.

No comments: