Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Boys of Summer


The Best Softball Park in the World
Originally uploaded by subatomicfilms.

I got invited to play softball on my profs team recently. Unfortunately, the NY Showbiz League (dudes that work in the entertainment industry) plays Tuesday afternoons, and I had class at that time. Yesterday was the first time I could make it. Unfortunately, I joined quite late so most of the team is already made up.

I took some batting practice and fielding and got a few good hits out. I still don't have my fielding confidence back yet, but it will come with time. I haven't played in like 3 years!

It felt great to be back on the field, and playing. Make no mistake though, the guys on these teams can play. It's easily the most skilled and competitive league I've seen, but it's still fun.

The games are played in Central Park to throngs of tourists, so there's a bit of a crowd sometimes. Either way, I'm a bit beatup today, but it feels great. Hopefully, I'll get in the lineup next week.

No comments: