Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Working Girls

I just read a very interesting essay by Alison Wolf about the repercussion of generations of women choosing careers over the 'traditional' role of housewife.

She raises many good points some of which I agree, some of which I don't. I don't want to paraphrase or quote any of it, as I feel the entire piece should be read and digested as a whole, as taken out of context some passages would definitely enrage people.

One thing that was pretty much not addressed in the article was the role of the father in the home as more women choose careers.

I grew up in a home with two working parents, and so did everyone else I know. I feel that there must be a balance between both parents in terms of child-rearing, meals, cleaning etc...
I think we all turned out OK, and society's a better place.

1 comment:

DCBCooper said...

Sounds interesting. I think I'll go give that a read...