Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Go Ozzie Go! (Gratuitous Sports Rant).

There was a very nice piece in the Sun-Times about my favorite manager Ozzie Guillen.

He speaks his mind always and is filled with honour, humility and respect. My kinda guy:

''I know people say that God says when someone slaps your face, turn the other cheek. No, no, you slap my cheek, I will kick your ass.''

In other news, my South Side brethren won their first game by slapping Cleveland 10-4 at the Cell. I was there on opening day last year, and it was great. I wish I was there to see the World Series banner unveiled.

Most of the predictions are in, and a lot of pundits are choosing the Sox to repeat at least as AL Central Champs, if not the World Series. What a far cry from the dismissal of last year this same time.

My Predictions:
AL East-New York (Unfortunately)
AL Central-Chicago
AL West-Anaheim (or is it Los Angeles?)
Wildcard-Toronto (all of the off-season moves by Ricciardi should pay off)

NL East - New York (they just look awesome on paper)
NL Central - St. Louis
NL West - San Diego
Wildcard- Milwaukee

In summary: Go Jays Go! And.....SOUTHSIIIIIDE!

1 comment:

-i- said...

They did indeed:

-Closer B.J. Ryan
-Pitcher A.J. Burnett
-1B Lyle Overbay
-Slugger 3B Troy Glaus
-Catcher Benjie Molina

I can honestly say, that the Jays are the most improved team in the league.