Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stop Farting on me!

The Times had a really interesting article on Sibling Rivalry. Well, more like sibling abuse. Pretty much an extreme form of the jabs and pokes that the older sibling usually inflicts on the younger.

Perhaps most interesting is the fact that violence between siblings transcends all socio-economic fronts.

Also, the author brings up the rivalries that appear amongst animals:

Baby animals, researchers theorize, fight mainly to establish dominance and to compete for scarce food. Human children, on the other hand, fight not only over who got the bigger bowl of ice cream but also over who decides what game to play, who controls the remote, who is supposed to do the dishes, who started it and who is loved most.
Perhaps there is nothing we can do about getting the beats if we are born 2nd (or 3rd....). I maintain, if I were born before my sister, I'd be the one farting on her.

No comments: