Saturday, March 25, 2006

Worst Celebrity Endorsement EVER!

I usually think it's really funny/cool when washed up/B-List celebrities can make fun of themselves on TV. It shows that they don't really take themselves seriously, and just to what lengths they will go to get their face out there.

But Jeebus, what was Ben Johnson thinking when he decided to shill for D'Angelo's new sports/energy drink Cheetah (Cheetah...cheater...get it?). It's just uncomfortable to watch it. I mean, I could see how it could have worked, but it's awkward and I kind of feel sorry for Big Ben. The low production values (it looks like my basement with my bedsheet for a backdrop) don't help things.

Here's an excerpt:
President of D'Angelo/Talk Show Host:`Ben, when you run, do you Cheetah?'
Ben Johnson:`Absolutely! I Cheetah all the time!'


It's really kind of sad, and almost exploitive. I mean, I really can't think that Ben got rich off of the deal considering how much he's in demand these days. D'angelo's knows what they are doing though. I mean, I'm devoting an entry to them.

I still feel that Ben's illegal time at the 1988 Olympics was still an incredible human achievement.

See the commercials here.

No comments: