Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Transit Geeks of the World: Unite and Takeover!

I ain't gonna front: I like trains. More specifically, subway trains. It just appears to be a jumbled mess of connections (and missed connections), tracks extending forever. The chariot of the people. Whether it was my first system: The TTC or the other systems in which I've grown to love: Hamburg's sprawling HVV, Chicago's beautiful CTA, or the ZOO of Berlin. I always feel that I'm with my people when I'm on the train or bus. My latest love affair is with the great Queen herself: NYC's MTA. Oh, is there somewhere you don't go?

So I'm a transit geek. There, I said it.

I'm not alone. Here's the page for the TTC's geek page, and better yet, my latest call to arms: the straphanger (check the Rider's Diaries for a topic that is causing much debate: Should the N Train skip 49th St at all times? I say yes. Yes it should).

No comments: