Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Brooklyn STAND UP! I mean, Brooklyn WTF?!

On Monday morning, my regular commute out of Brooklyn was hampered by a water-main break just a few blocks from my home. What a pain in the ass, and my commute was twice as long.

Didn't bother thinking twice about it, as delays usually happen all the time. It wasn't until I started poking around the web did I see the real damage that was done. An SUV fell right through the road!

It totally reminds me of the huge storm that swept away part of a major artery in Toronto last summer when I was visiting.
Come to think of it, the disaster on Finch Ave back in August is about the same distance as my folks' home as I am from this new street collapse in Brooklyn. Hmmmmm.

It took them over 6 months to fix that road in Tdot, but I reckon this one in Brooklyn will be done in no time.

No comments: