Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gettin' There


Female Lead Doing Work
Originally uploaded by subatomicfilms.

So it's coming down to the wire. My big evaluation is on Tuesday. I signed up for the 2nd slot, but no one has signed up to go ahead of me, so I think I'll be showing first.

The evaluations are akin to the regular art critique: you show your film, and the faculty then tells you what they thought. It's kind of like American Idol.

At any rate, this is the culmination of months and months of hard work by many people. Yesterday, I did an ADR session with my actors. Automatic Dialogue Replacement is just re-recording dialogue that doesn't sound so good due to location problems, or perhaps the performance was off. The actors watch the film on the screen int eh sound studio and try to synch up their voice with the image.

It's definitely not as easy as it sounds, because the original production was over 2 months ago, so it's my job to get the right performance out of the actor. It was fun, but tiring.

I'm also working with the composer who is going to score my movie, and that is also about translating my ideas to a talented person that can use their creativity to make something complementary to the film.

This weekend is all about finishing this movie for Tuesday. It's going to be a lot of long hours.

1 comment: