Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Ponderosa Kicked My Ass

This weekend, my awesome roommate was nice enough to drive up to Toronto to pick up some of my outstanding effects (books, CD's etc...) that never made the trip on my initial move to NYC. A nice long weekend was had which was way too short. Ended up doing a lot of shopping (IKEA, bigups) eating of local delicasies (poutine) and hanging with the folks. Also had time to fit in a baseball game, where the local squadron hosted the White Sox. My loyalties were tested, but I cheered for the pale-hose. If the situation were reversed, I'd be cheering for the Jays. Sox won the game!


On the drive back, we stopped for lunch at Ponderosa, a joint we both remembered fondly from childhood, but a place we both haven't went to recently. We went, we ate, we almost hurled. Needless to say, I started feeling really woozy and light headed by my 3rd plate. For real. Sometimes it's best to keep childhood memories as they are. Untouched.

No comments: