Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hobo

I've been helping shoot a Public Service Announcement this weekend working as a 2nd AD. I've met some pretty cool people that I never knew before. It's all about connections.


The bad thing has been the ridiculously long hours. Yesterday, we worked 16 hours, and today 12. All for free.

Anyways, last night I was sitting behind the school we were shooting in with a bunch of lighting equipment waiting for others to bring the grip truck around to haul the lights away. So I was sitting on this ladder, and it was around 9:30pm. I was so exhausted so I took off my hat just to unwind. A group of frat boys walked by and they were well on their way to getting seriously soused, and one of them comes up to me and is like "here ya go buddy, you have a good night" and he flicks a dollar bill at me. I was a bit confused at first, then it dawned on me: OH MY GOD, HE THINKS I'M A BUM! I was going to call him back and tell him the error of his ways, but I decided to avoid a scene and pocket the cash. I also thought I was dressed pretty hipster for a film shoot. Maybe it really is the shoes.


We shot this afternoon in a really cool home in the West Village (why anyone would loan out their house to a film crew is beyond me - I would never do such a thing). At any rate, Isaac Mizrahi walked by which got me all giddy. Last week we saw Philip Seymour Hoffman at NYU yapping on his cell phone. Nothing will ever beat the evening I saw Max Weinberg outside of a local burger joint.

No comments: