Friday, August 12, 2011

TIFF Filmmaker's Bootcamp
















Yesterday was TIFF's Filmmaker's Bootcamp. It's meant for filmmaker's that are new to the festival. It's about navigating the festival and how to make the most of it all. They brought in publicists, film critics, distributers, programmers and others all in the hope of having us making the most of TIFF.

This 1 day event was amazing. I feel completely ready to tackle this festival. Well I'm not ready - but I know what I have to do to get ready. Can't wait to get started working on putting butts in seats, along with my fellow short-filmmakers.

As far as I know, TIFF is the only festival that has such a program. Clearly, this is an indication of the respect and value they have for us. They care about us, our careers and our films.

On top of all that, I got to hang out and meet lots of other amazing Canadian filmmakers - some shorts and some features. I really can't wait to see them!

No comments: