Sunday, August 21, 2011

Talent Lab Homework Assignment

The Talent Lab's assignment (due way before it actually begins) is to make a film self-portrait. I've been thinking a lot about this for weeks, but I need to start working on it. It's a tantalizing question similar to the always annoying "so, tell me about yourself!". But this is different - you get to control images along with it. What do you want to say about yourself? How do you want the world to see you? Should it be funny? Entertaining? I have no clue.

I have a few ideas that will require some props - I just hope the physics department can help me out...

1 comment:

mr. nichols said...

This sounds interesting, similar to those assignments in grade school or camp, where you had to pick an object that best represents you. Of course, it's easy back then. Mainly due to procrastination, I would pick my notebook, the most obvious and uninspired choice since I knew I wanted to be a writer. Now, I would want to do something profound and conceptual, but also not get buried under the weight of overthinking it, you know?