Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Students Complaining. *Yawn*


Back in my undergrad days at York University in Toronto, I went to a few student protests. We'd go to the corner of University Ave and College St and shout "In a couple of years, this will be the only University or College that we'll be able to afford!". Then we'd all sit down in the middle of the street and block traffic. BADASS!
Outrageous tuition costs! Almost Four Thousand dollars a year!!
Well some things never change, as there was a massive student protest today in Canada, and I couldn't help but chuckle at the level of naivety of my former comrades.
Each year at NYU will run you about $40,000. That's pretty steep. I've got to be honest, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about it. People just pay it, because that's the price.
"Already, our engineering fees are about $6,500 a year, not counting books, which add another $1,200 to $1,300. One engineering text book costs $120 alone."
Nevermind that when/if this poor sap graduates he'll be ballin'.
Get back to class.

No comments: