Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I've Got Ho's, in Different Time Zones


Whilst thinking about the upcoming international events (Winter Olympics and World Cup) I began to think about when they would be playing on the teevee. I've got to be able to see Trinidad take what is rightfully ours. It takes a clever cat to figure it out, what with all of the +6GMT's all over the place. Which leads me to my latest rant: I don't believe in Time Zones! Yes, I said it. It needed to be said.

I mean, I understand the reason for them oh, perhaps 100 years ago. In these (Charlie Chaplin) Modern Times, does it really matter if you wake up at 8:00 and the sun is not up? I propose one global 24-hour clock, in which everyone abides by. If it's 14:00 at Greenwich, then it's 14:00 in NY, Chicago, LA, Tokyo, Jakarta, Moscow etc... One world, One Time. Cue marketing genius...now.

It boils down to our conditioning, methinks. Obviously, people would still work during the day, and sleep during the night. However, no longer would you have to consult the internet to know what time it was in Sydney, because you'd know exactly what it was. Flava Flav wouldn't have to wear his clock. Business would run smoother, and so would my calls to all the ladies.

No comments: