Sunday, November 04, 2007

My First (and Goal)

Well I can finally strike off another one off of my "things to do before I die" list. I finally went to an NFL game!

We made the trek out to the Meadowlands to see the NY Jets lose to the Washington Redskins, in OT.

I went to a few CFL games growing up in Toronto, but let's be honest that game is not taken seriously in the city, despite the fact that the Argonauts do quite well.

But I digress.

It was a great time! It was everything i was hoping it would be: crazy tailgaters, crazy/rabid fans, cold weather (it wasn't too bad though) and lots of memories.

I've lived in the US for over about 5 years now, and football is something that I'm just now trying to get into. It's a really tough sport to follow, as there are levels that must be followed, whether it's High School, College or NFL. It seems that it's nearly impossible to follow all of them. What I do like about the fans is that most fans aren't just fans of a single team, but they are just as likely to watch a game featuring two teams that they have no interest in. It's more of an appreciation of the game on a whole than allegiance to a team.

I'm going to try to follow the sport more and more. Maybe not to the level where I just sit on the couch all Sunday, but at least keep up with scores and websites.

No comments: